Under Florida law, a trustee owes the trust’s beneficiaries certain fiduciary duties of honesty, discretion and loyalty. When those duties are breached by a trustee, an inheritance or distribution under the trust may be put in jeopardy. The attorneys of HARK │BURKHALTER│YON, PL represent beneficiaries and trustees having the following trust issues and claims:
- Inappropriate investments
- Payment of excessive trustee fees
- Failure to make proper and timely distributions
- Interpretation of vague, unclear or ambiguous trust provisions
- Reformation or judicial amendment of a trust to address the settlor’s original intention when he or she created the trust
If you have questions regarding the administration of a trust, please e-mail or contact Clifford Hark at (561) 995-1800 for a free initial consultation.